JetBrains heralds a happy release of ReSharper 4.0 Beta, a state-of-the-art productivity tool for .NET developers! ReSharper 4.0 introduces a substantial pack of new features and improvements, of which the following are presumably the most delicious:
- Comprehensive support for Visual Studio 2008 and C# 3.0, including LINQ, implicitly typed locals and arrays, extension methods, automatic properties, lambda expressions, object & collection initializers, anonymous types, expression trees, and partial methods.
- Solution-wide analysis, a feature that looks for erroneous C# code in your whole solution on-the-fly, without compiling it first.
- .NET Framework classes annotated with custom attributes to make ReSharper analyze your code even better than before - for instance, to let it know where format strings should be passed or where null values can or can not be assigned.
- Code Cleanup - a powerful successor to Reformat Code. By simply running Code Cleanup, you can instantly apply a dozen of actions, including arranging 'this' qualifiers, removing code redundaicies, migrating to auto-properties, optimizing using directives, and many more.
- All ReSharper's refactorings now support C# 3.0. New members of the refactoring family are available, including a pack of C# 3.0-specific refactorings.
- Multiple new productivity features. This is to mention just a few:
- Complete Statement. This is a new feature that inserts necessary syntax elements (braces, semicolons etc.) and gets you to the position to start the next statement.
- CamelHumps in Code Completion. In ReSharper 4.0, all three completion features - Symbol Completion, Smart Completion, and Import Symbol Completion - let you complete any symbol by entering only its uppercase characters.
- Live Templates Editor is a redesigned set of tools to view, manage, and edit ReSharper's three types of templates. From now on, you can manage and classify your templates in a special-purpose dialog box, and edit them right in a Visual Studio code pane.
- Recent Edits - a drop-down list similar to existing Go To features that shows files and symbols that you recently modified.
- Smoother interaction with Visual Studio ecosystem. The quality of interaction with frameworks, add-ins, version control clients and other members of the Visual Studio ecosystem is brought to a new level. The list includes .NET Compact Framework, BizTalk, and Silverlight.
- ASP.NET Speedup. ReSharper 4.0 significantly speeds up analysis of ASP.NET pages, to enable more web developers benefit from the great toolset that ReSharper provides.
As before, ReSharper comes in three editions: Full, C# and VB.NET, which are called on to bring every customer precisely what they need - and enjoy the savings.
Download the beta version of ReSharper 4.0 to test the power of new capabilities and help us put the finishing touch on the product. Whatever edition you want, whatever version of Visual Studio you use, there's a single download file for all.
Develop with pleasure! The JetBrains Team