Hungry Mind , Blog about everything in IT - C#, Java, C++, .NET, Windows, WinAPI, ...

Oxford's Dictionary QuickTime 7 Vista problem

After resolving the problem with Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English 2005 Updated Edition I've got another headache - Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary 7th Edition.

The QuickTime Plug-in requires the QuickTime System extension version 5 or later.

That is what I've got. I hate QuickTime and I hate Apple.

After looking at the C:\Program Files\Oxford\OALD7\ folder's structure I realized that Oxford and Longman programs are somehow similar in libraries they use. So the solution is simple - copy plugins folder from QuickTime 7 installation to C:\Program Files\Oxford\OALD7\ with overwrite. That's all!

13 коммент.:

Анонимный комментирует...

Glad you got your problem solved!

For the Oxford Advenced Learner's Compass CD-ROM, you can also remove its use of QuickTime entirely - see http://www.oup.com/elt/catalogue/teachersites/faq.html/?cc=global#oald7qtwin for the patch.

Анонимный комментирует...

Got my problem solved too with your tip. Thanx!

Анонимный комментирует...

Me, too! Thank you!

Анонимный комментирует...

Perfect! Working again. Thanks!

Анонимный комментирует...

thank you.. i had the same problem.. i did copy and paste as u do! thank you so much. i had solved the problem for my Oxford Dictionary!

Sky..

Анонимный комментирует...

Great, thank you for your idea. Problem solved.

Анонимный комментирует...

I also hate apple and quick time. they are just too different. just geeks!

Анонимный комментирует...

Great, nice work. Thank you so so much.

Unknown комментирует...

Hi, i dont know who you are! but i believe that you are a super hero for me! thanks alot for this solution.

Never Giv Up And Never Stop Believing комментирует...

hi all i`m using windows vista 32bit i`ve successfully installed oxford advanced learner 7 but when i`m running it it`s not giving me any response but showing that mozilla firefox has stopped working can`t get it why it is giving me mozilla`s error

Анонимный комментирует...

I've got the same problem as Harsh...

Анонимный комментирует...

Nice!

Анонимный комментирует...

Niesamowite :)

Отправить комментарий

Copyright 2007-2011 Chabster